What you get out of your personal training session
The YMCA can provide you with one on one personal training sessions designed to meet your personal fitness needs. Each session is a duration of one hour and appointments must be scheduled prior to the training session. Our certified personal training staff members can assist you
- Provide a personal exercise program that is specifically designed to help you attain your goals
- Instruct you on the importance of your individualized program and how it works with your body.
- Provide safe exercise settings, encouragement and support
- Help motivate you in staying with your program.
- Construct revolutionary and innovative new teaching methods to meet your needs.
Assessing your fitness level
The YMCA Personal Training Staff is capable of assessing your current fitness level through a series of tests. An appointment must be made by calling the YMCA at 815-223-7904. During your first appointment you must fill out a Personal Training Form with health, medical history, activity, interests, etc, giving our training staff the information needed to create an effective exercise prescription, custom designed for you. You are able to choose from the test options listed below that you would like to have administered by your trainer. Get your Personal Training From here.
- Body Analysis- refers to the absolute amounts and distribution of the structural components of the body – fat, fluid, muscle/tissue and bone. A complete body composition analysis is a great way to check your fitness progression and success by comparing your test results before, during, and after your program. Stop at the Front Desk to use the Biomeasure machine for just $1
- Cardio Respiratory Fitness- refers to the ability of the body to take in, transport and utilize oxygen. It includes the capacity of the heart and lungs to exchange and deliver oxygen to working muscles during sustained motion. We offer various testing options to be decided the day of your fitness test
- Muscular Strength- refers to the amount of weight (maximal force) that can be lifted in a single attempt by a particular muscle group. This is a great way to learn how strong you currently are, with relation to how strong you hope to become through your future program.
- Muscular Endurance- refers to the ability of a single muscle group to lift a sub maximal weight numerous times. It also is the ability of a muscle group to stabilize a fixed contraction for an extended period of time. A testing procedure that is able to predict how long you can continue a single exercise, great for endurance athletes such as marathon runners, triathlon competitors, etc…
- Flexibility- also defined as mobility, refers to muscle suppleness as well as the range of motion for the major joints that make-up the human body. Adequate range of motion can imply that the muscles are able to elongate to accommodate the full mobility required by the joint, as well as to maintain functional muscular balance. The testing procedure for flexibility is very simple and easy to learn.
Current & Past Cancer Patients
Current and past cancer patients can receive 5 personal training sessions by clicking the Get your Rear in Gear Application here
Personal Training Profiles
|QUALIFICATIONS: NSCA Certified Personal Trainer
EXPERTISE: Exercise for all ages and all fitness goals, sports specific training, post-rehab training.
WHAT HIS MEMBERS ARE SAYING: Bob makes your workouts fun and he makes you want to try harder each time I meet with him. He’s a great in-spiration and coach!
PERSONAL PHILOSOPHY: Working out can mean something different to everybody. Finding a type of exercise that sparks the interests of the indi-vidual while still being an effective plan to reach the fitness goals is the only way to keep engaged and compliant to exercise.
Certified trained through the National Personal Training Institute.
CPR and AED Certified
Colorado MMA Champion 2011
Sports Specific Training, MMA Training, Muay Thai Instructor
WHAT HIS MEMBERS ARE SAYING:
Bobby’s intensity is infectious in all that he does. By encouraging you, he pushes you past your limits and helps you realize that you have more potential than you ever gave yourself credit for!
PERSONAL PHILOSOPHY: Don’t think you can, know you can.
|QUALIFICATIONS: Certified Personal Trainer, Certified Nutritional Consultant, Certified Zumba Basic Instructor, Wellness & Fitness Coach and is CPR/AED Certified, SilverSneakers Certified
EXPERTISE: National Personal Training Institute in Lisle, IL.,
Wellcoaches Corporation, Welsely MA, Professional Management, Nova Southeastern University, Ft Lauderdale FL. Computer Technology, Lincoln Land Community College, Springfield, IL.
WHAT HER CLIENTS ARE SAYING: She creates a much more structured workout than I would on my own, she’s more motivating, I love the routines & that there is an actual goal in doing the routines & it's much more fun than on my own. I would never work this hard on my own.
PERSONAL PHILOSOPHY: If your Core is Strong then the rest of you is strong. Everyone is an athlete just in different stages of conditioning. It’s not about where you start, just that you start! Let’s team up together to get you started and keep you going for healthier tomorrow.
|QUALIFICATIONS: ISSA Certified Personal Trainer, Certified Les Mills GRIT Instructor, ISSA Personal Trainer, Hapkido Yellow Belt, Muay Thai enthusiast, active YMCA member for 10 years
EXPERTISE: Les Mills GRIT Cardio, Plyometrics and Strength, Weight Training, Kick Boxing (Muay Thai), Motivation
WHAT THE MEMBERS ARE SAYING: Jill has extensive knowledge in exercise and is a strong leader. She pushes you to perfect your form so you can get the most out of every workout!
PERSONAL PHILOSOPHY: Becoming the fittest you should be focused, but fun. Never cheat yourself out of your goal, Keep your workouts fresh and your mind open.. And above all else enjoy how you feel as you reach for your goal!
Mike Visione Certified Personal Trainer
|QUALIFICATIONS: Certified by I.S.S.A. in Personal Training, Sports Nutrition, and Essence of Dumbbell Training. CPR/AED and First Aid Certified.
EXPERTISE: General fitness, Bodybuilding, unique free weight lifting technique, POF Training (Position of Flexion) for muscle size increase.
WHAT HIS CLIENTS ARE SAYING: Having an overall knowledge of all major aspects of fitness, Mike has the ability to be creative in the selection of choosing the perfect exercises for any muscle group. His strong communication skills allow him to explain exercises thoroughly and he doesn’t hesitate to spend extra time with clients when time permits.
PERSONAL PHILOSOPHY: I can work with what you have, as long as you are willing to put forth the effort. You are only limited by your own imagination, not application.
|QUALIFICATIONS: Certified Personal Trainer, 28 Years Experience In Group Fitness Instruction, Kickboxing and Step Instructor, E.S.A. Certified, 15 years experience in Pilates and Yoga, 6 years experience in aquatic exercise, Certified SilverSneakers Instructor
EXPERTISE: Yoga and Pilates and private instruction, Flexibility, Overall Toning, lifelong exercise instructor, General exercise instruction, general fitness.
WHAT HER MEMBERS ARE SAYING: Wendy's dedication to her clients and class attendees is unsurpassed. She truly cares about your health and wellness.
PERSONAL PHILOSOPHY: While living, I want to live well.
|QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor of Arts Degree, University of Iowa; American Council of Exercise Certified Personal Trainer; CPR and AED Certified
EXPERTISE: Sports performance, Balance and Functional Training
WHAT HER CLIENTS ARE SAYING: Kim is so great to work with because her cheerful personality and ongoing dedication to her clients are two of her most powerful tools she always brings to work with her. If you have a goal, Kim will help you reach it!
PERSONAL PHILOSOPHY: No Regrets!
|QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor of Arts and Science Degree; Western Illinois University, CPR, First Aid, and AED Certified, LesMills Body Pump Certified, SilverSneakers Certified, NESTA Certified
EXPERTISE: Step Aerobics, Total Toning, Indoor Cycling, Aquatic Classes, 3-2-1 Blast!, Silver Sneakers, LesMills Body Pump
WHAT HER MEMBERS ARE SAYING: Dana is enthusiastic about exercise and that makes it easy to have fun in all her classes.
PERSONAL PHILOSOPHY: Good, better, best – don’t let it rest – until the good gets better and the better gets best!
PERSONAL PHILOSOPHY: Exercise is my passion, I want everyone to be healthy and enjoy getting fit. Take pride in yourself!