Strong Kids Campaign
Help the Y Create Endless Opportunity for Our Community
When you give a gift, you are helping to open doors for those less fortunate so that, regardless of income, everyone has the opportunity to be a part of the Y programs, classes and activities.
We count on the generosity of our members and community to help people of all ages and from all walks of life be more healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Our Goal: $150,000
As the leading non-profit for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y uses your gift to make a meaningful, enduring impact here at home.
Support the Y and Strengthen Our Community
- Make a meaningful, enduring impact right in your community – 100% of your donation stays at the Illinois Valley YMCA or the Mendota YMCA.
- Help a child gain self confidence and make new friends in summer day camp.
- Give youth the opportunity to learn teamwork, sportsmanship and good character through Y sports teams.
- Help a person living with cancer take control of their health through 5 free personal training sessions at the YMCA, a program for cancer patients.
- Support a senior in their pursuit of healthy living and social engagement.
- Help provide before and after school care for children. Help provide pre-school enrichment.
Change a Life, Give Today.
Please Contact the Illinois Valley YMCA to find out how to donate.
For Youth Development
“I cannot thank the Illinois Valley Y enough. My wife was having a rough patch with her health, which required a great deal of my attention. We applied for a scholarship to defray some of our monthly expenses. The Y was a great outlet for my children to come and relieve energy in the gyms, but also be a positive environment. We are able to participate in many activities, such as camps, sports programs, swim lessons and, the most fun of all, the Family Nights. The Y’s scholarship program helped us at our most desperate time.”
For Healthy Living
Every year, hundreds of Y volunteers help friends and neighbors in their community. From coaches to campaigners, every volunteer is making a difference.
“After falling and breaking my hip, I applied for a scholarship at the Y. Therapy was through, but I knew there was a long road ahead of me. Having a membership helped me continue my exercises I learned in therapy, but also enjoyed the warm water therapy pool. Being a Mendota resident, I was thrilled to utilize both facilities.”
For Social Responsibility
“Being a single mom with tween aged children is hard. They always asked to go to the Y with their friends, so I decided to apply for a scholarship to help with membership and program costs. Since joining, we have enjoyed many advantages of being Y members. We are now a healthier family since I can come workout and the kids can participate in the basketball or volleyball programs, swimming on the weekends, Family Nights, and the Parents Night Out program.”